Saturday, November 6, 2010

Him again? I wanna hear from the singer guy!



Whattup there internet?  I was gonna wait on Damon to update this but I'm bored at work so you get another serving of me today, we're stuck with each other so let's make the best of it okay?  Let's see, I guess I should talk about the KISS show huh?  If we haven't mentioned it on our smash hit blog before, The Involuntarys covered KISS for halloween.  There, backstory established, on to the witty banter.
Yeah, that happened

Man, there was a huge light up sign courtesy of our friend Rusty, confetti cannons courtesy of our friend Gary, bitchin' costumes courtesy of everyone's girlfriend/wife/roommate who took pity on my pathetic ass, so to summarize...it was pretty awesome.  I'm told that Greg from Punk Rock Night was standing on the bar to watch us, which is quite flattering.  I had to sing "Beth" which, to be honest, I did a pretty piss poor job of.  But hey, it was a one time deal and everyone else was pretty drunk too so no harm no foul right?  So there's my show summary, sorry if it's a bit scant, I was hammered.  Our guitarist "Lee" has a pretty cool description of the show if you don't mind reading filthy leadist propaganda.
Enjoy the page views Lee

After the show I helped load out into the trailer and promptly passed out in the back of the van.

...lazy segue to slightly embarrassing yet hilarious story about my end of the night...

Now if you aren't a heavy drinker, first off kudos to you.  I'm not being sarcastic, you will most certainly outlive me and probably don't make an ass of yourself as often as I do.  Second, losing portions of the day is probably not something you deal with often.  I have an already fairly hazy memory, but when you add copious amounts of liquor like I have been known to do, shit gets real spotty real quick.  The morning after the Halloween show I woke up in my bed still in my Peter Criss tights and makeup, quite confused, due to the fact that I didn't exactly remember anything after getting off stage.  From what Damon told me, I stumbled into the house after having disappeared for several hours, and when asked how I got home or who took me home, I would only yell "the car outside!"  I wanted to check my phone for clues, but I had left that in a backpack I brought to store shit in due to the pocketlessness of spandex, and the backpack was nowhere to be found.
See? pocketlessness

Armed with Damon's testimony, and my (like I said before, hazy on a good day, which this was not) memory, I spend most of the day wondering how exactly I had gotten home, and hoping I hadn't drunkenly offended anyone.  I kinda ruined my thunder on the end of this story earlier if you remember; I passed out in the back of the van.
Yes Virginia, that's the climactic end of this story, drunkie fell asleep in the back of the van, nobody noticed him and confusion ensued, hope it brightened your day a little.
I think I'm gonna call it  a day on this "typing out words" shit,  as I've achieved my goal of making part of the day go by faster.  Now if blogging could make me some breakfast, that'd be a different story, due to the lack of delicious hashbrowns on my keyboard though, I'm officialy donesicles.
send nudes and potato based breakfast foods
-Pretzel

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you linked my blog. Nice. Originally, anonymity was the goal, but fuck it, it now says Noah on my page. Boo ya.

    Nice post tho.

    ReplyDelete