Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Ex Girlfriend Witching Hour

Dear cockmongers; how's it going?
I realize it's been a while and for that i make no apologies, I've been doing shit.  Belly button lint doesn't pick itself y'know?
I worked at The Ship tonight, and it was murderously slow.  The high/lowlight of my night was a ground of freshly 21 year olds ordering "well's whiskey and cokes" as if well's was a brand of liquor.  Oh that and they kept talking to me about Jersey Shore, tipped like shit, and then one of them had the nerve to ask if we were hiring.  A few terrible customers aside though, tonight was pretty fun.
So since I haven't updated in a while, I'm gonna share a funny story with y'all.
A while ago on the day in which daylight savings time kicks into effect I experienced what I'm going to refer to as the ex girlfriend witching hour.  What might that be you might ask, and might or mightn't you ask I might explain via this tale.  I was at home, laying in bed fucking around on Facebook, much as I am right now.  All of a sudden a girl I dated pretty seriously a long time ago started up a chat with me.  This was odd, as we weren't exactly on good terms, and hadn't spoken in a few years.  I won't lie to you gentle reader, it was a strange and awkward conversation.  She was clearly in a very lonely and vulnerable spot, but as kindhearted and loving as you all know me to be, I had a hard time being empathetic with this girl cuz hey, she did cut me pretty deep years back.
So in the midst of this out of the blue conversation that I'm having a hard time processing, another ex girlfriend calls me.  This lady hadn't spoken to me in roughly 6 months or so, but was drunk at the bar across the street from me and needed a ride home.  Being the great person that I am, I hop up and head over to the bar.  After a short car ride and some slurred thank yous I arrive back at the house.  Here's where shit gets fucking strange.
Hanging on the front door is the same black canvas Sailor Jerry purse that I bought for the first ex I mentioned.  She was as far as I know, a 2 hour drive away at the time, so I don't think it's a stalker in the bushes getting a chubby over my panicked expression type scenario.  It's fucking bizarre though right?  I mean, let's recap:  Exactly as the extra hour in daylight savings time kicks in, 2 of my exes start talking to me, and then a present I bought 3 or so years ago shows u on my door with no explanation (to this day) who put it there or why.  Bizareness though, am I right?
That's all I've got for you today my children.
Go huff some paint and beat up a CVS security guard
-Pretzel

No comments:

Post a Comment