Monday, August 22, 2011

Know what I haven't had in a while? Big League Chew.

I'm sitting at a bar (no surprises here right?) And the Little League World Series is on. It's fascinating and bizarre for a number of reasons. First off, the US seems to be represented on a statewide basis, whereas every other country is listed soley as a country. This makes for an interesting Colorado vs.Australia type dynamic. On the one hand I guess baseball is nost popular here in the states, so it stands to reason that there'll be more talented players per capita here than anywhere else, still it's odd that things are split up that way.
Also each player has their stats listed when at bat, which isn't that weird except that it lists trivia facts like their favorite food and favorite tv shows. It's odd for a couple reasons. First, that just seems like pedophile fuel. Hey, Tommy from Kansas likes s'mores, load up the rape van! Second, in the game I'm watching (Saudi Arabia vs. Japan) a Japanese kid listed his favorite food as cheese, and a Saudi kid just named his as sushi. My mind kinda got blown a little after that last one.
Anyways, I'm gonna finish this beer and head to band practice.
If hating baseball is wrong, than I imagine all my friends are in the right
-Pretzel

No comments:

Post a Comment